Thursday 5 March 2015

Personal Pickings - She's Not A Baby Anymore..

Personal Pickings is a feature here at Beautiful Bookish Butterflies that allows one of us to approach subject personal to us that has no link or connection to our bookish endeavors. Today, Stacie is talking about the most important person in her life, someone who is growing up too fast.



So tomorrow my not so little girl is turning 5. I can't believe it, like seriously. It feels like only yesterday I found I would be expecting her (I even remember the day and time). It seems like every time I close my eyes she's is more mature and grown up. Gone are the days when she wanted to watch cartoons and Disney films, now she's obsessed with You've Been Framed, Stars In Their Eyes, Crystal Maze and various different Robin William films (non animated ones). I remember the days when we could chill out on the sofa or go to the park and run around, now she's in reception and during the weekdays I only see her for about 6 hours a day. I miss the days where she was dependent on me, now she would do everything herself if she could, she only lets me help with the things she doesn't like do (like cleaning her room).

When I first found out I was expecting I was scared because I was only young at the time, but she is the best thing to happen to me. She's funny, intelligent and she puts a smile on my face everyday. She's such a little character, much like her daddy and her energy levels are through the roof sometimes. My mum once told me that I should cherish the moments I had when she was between 1 and 3, because you'll blink and miss them, well I feel like I've blinked and missed it all. I miss the nights she would wake up because she wanted a cuddle, now she sleeps all night and has to wake me up. I just miss her being a little baby :(

I am however really excited to see what she'll be like as she grows up, because she's so focused now. She loves school, I never have a problem getting her ready and out the door as she's eager to leave not long after getting up. She is such a sociable little girl and she's always got a smile on her face. We are just so proud of the person she is turning in to and the progress she is making. This post isn't really relevant to anything (other than it being her birthday tomorrow) I'm just feeling rather nostalgic is all. If you have kids yourself and they are young, enjoy it while it last. Because take it from me, the minuet the walk into school they walk out more like a mini adult.

2 comments:

  1. They always grow up too fast. I can't believe how big my girls are now. I remember holding each as babies. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is really sad how fast they grow :(

      Delete

We appreciate the time you take to leave a comment and do our very best to reply as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...