Thursday 20 March 2014

Book Review - The Eternity Cure

The Eternity Cure
Author: Julie Kagawa 
Series: Blood of Eden #2
Genres: Dystopian, Vampires| Young Adult
Release Date: 3rd May 2013
Publishers: Mira Ink
No. Pages: 434
Source: Purchased
Rating: 
n Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood

She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what Allie finds there will change the world forever-and possibly end human and vampire existence.

There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago-and this strain is deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries, if Allie can get to him in time.

Allison thought that immortality was forever. But now, with eternity itself hanging in the balance, the lines between human and monster will blur even further, and Allie must face another choice she could never have imagined having to make

The following review may contain spoilers concerning earlier books in the series.
If you have not read the previous installments, please proceed with caution.

The Eternity Cure picks of where The Immortal Rules left off, Allison has left Eden and not only her friends, but Zeke too, someone who she has become rather fond off. But Allison made a promise to Kanin, that she would find him again. And what with the nightmares of him being tortured and needing her help, Allison knows that no matter what her feelings on leaving Eden behind, this is what she is suppose to be doing.

After searching with nothing other than her blood tie to go on, she's finally closing in. There's just one problem, its not Kanin she finds, but blood calls to blood. Faced with the new obstacle in the shape of a crazy vampire Sarren, Allie finds allies in the most unthinkable of places, comes across some old faces that she hoped to never see in New Covington and is in a race against time to not only find and free Kanin, but save everyone from a new form of the Red Lung virus, this time mutated enough to not only effect humans, but vampires too.

I know that it sounds like a basically just copied the summary, but in my defense its really hard to write a good review about this book without giving so much away as a lot happens. I read the first book early this year after finding it for a £1 in my local super market, I had wanted to read it for so long and even though it too a while to get into I ended up really liking it. This book however didn't take long at all, we were thrown straight in at the deep end from the off and I personally think the pace of the book was just right. I was so glad to see the characters back, even the ones I never thought I would be. And I loved loved love Sarren's character. We was just enough crazy for me haha. He was sadistic and cruel and I just thought he was just a really well thought out character. 

I know a lot of people think that the detail regarding him torturing people and what not was a bit too far, but I disagree. I think you needed it to see just how sick and twisted he was in order to keep you guessing as he was so insane that you never knew what he was going to do next or how far he was going to take things.

All in all I just really like this series, I love how original it is (as far as I know, I've never come across anything like this) and how the vampires aren't your typical vampires. The characters make me smile, the writing makes me smile, everything makes me smile haha. 
I can not wait for the next book :)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a fun series. I'm glad that you enjoyed this one so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate the time you take to leave a comment and do our very best to reply as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...